Monday 6 April 2015

How to grow up in 24 hours

Hello, my name is Woody, I am a 10 months old Dales pony and half brother to Cyril. 


Cyril has said as I am a Dales pony I'm going to be allowed to join him in writing about my adventures. I have had the biggest adventure of my life so far in the last 24 hours. Friday I was at home in Wales sharing my pen with my big sister, Mel. It's where I have lived all my life, with my Mum, Rosie and my Dad, Rambo and all the other Akehurst ponies.  Cyril and I have the same Dad. Cyril's Mum arrived for another visit, she has known me since I was born. 

As I'm only little I haven't done too much so Cyril's Mum decided it would be good to take me for a walk around the farm. I haven't done this on my own before and was very excited about going out and exploring the tracks the bigger horses all talk about but I have never seen. 


I marched along much to Cyrils's Mums surprise, until she remembered I was related to Cyril, she blames our Dad for our enthusiasm. I know she really likes forward going ponies, but I might have overdone it a little!

She had brought her box on wheels and Mel and I got to have a play going in and out. 


Little did I know that Saturday afternoon I would get shut in the box on wheels for three hours to travel to my new home. I stood quietly and ate the haylage I had been given, it was quiet scarey and I had to concentrate hard on staying upright, but managed it ok. 

It turns out Cyril's Mum has brought me and had taken me home to her house. I now have my very own stable, all to myself, I don't have to share any more, that makes me feel really grown up. Though I get fed my food on the floor, what's that all about?  A bucket on the floor, not sure about that, but I do like my own stable. 


It's really, really busy here, I have met lots of new people, Jo and Emma, who Cyril says rides Eric, my Dales relative who lives down the road. Ellie, who is Zippy's personal hairdresser and her Dad. Katie who looks after us when Mum is away. My new Mum's Dad and her lodger Tommy. They are all nice and Jo and Emma have visited lots and taken me for walks and groomed me too. 

On Sunday we were walked to the field and I was put in my own paddock and Cyril was put in the field next to me, but I wanted to be with my big brother and knowing my new Mum loves performance ponies, I jumped the electric fencing and joined Cyril for a race around the field, much to Mums amusement. She put Zippy in the field next to us. She was ok. At the end of the day we were taken back to our bedrooms.  Cyril and I were very tired and were nearly falling asleep in our tea. 

This morning we got up for breakfast, we each have our own area to stand and eat. Zippy got given a bath by Emma while Mum mucked out and groomed Cyril. Jo gave me a groom and then Zippy and I were taken out to the field. Zippy can be a bit slow, so I marched on down to the field leaving her behind. I was put in my own field and Zippy was put next to me. 


Cyril had to go and practise his circle work. Mum dropped him back at the field later in the afternoon to find I had jumped the fence again and was sharing Zippys field. Mum couldn't believe it. So she decided she had better put Cyril in with us. Zippy wouldn't let me say hello to Cyril, so I had to keep my distance, but I know Zippy will love me eventually, I just need to be patient. 


So in the last 24 hours I have found myself in a new home with my own bedroom, having travelled for three hours on my own in the box on wheels. I have two new field friends (ok I'm not their best mate yet, but I'm working on it). I'm getting really good at being led up and down the road, having never done anything like this before and even led perfectly on my own this evening, Mum was really impressed. 

I'm very tired but I think I'm going to like living here, I gets lots of fuss from loads of different people, there is lots to see and I'm enjoying my new adventure. I hope all Cyril's fans will be ok about me stealing some of his limelight and writing in his blog too. Goodnight all, thank you for listening. Woody xxx




1 comment:

  1. Wow my human has been reading about you on facebook. Nice to finally put hoof to keyboard and meet you. I think you have fallen on your hooves young man. Cyril has such an exciting life going to all sorts of parties and showing everyone how wonderful us Dales ponies are. I'm looking forward to hearing of your adventures. Don't worry about Zippy us older girls don't like changes but we get used to it eventually.

    ReplyDelete