Tuesday 11 February 2014

Field Report

I have been moaning to Mum about the amount of water we have in our field and that we might have to take up swimming lessons.  She told me not to be so silly and that there were ponies much worse off than me, who really needed swimming lessons and that a few very small streams through the field were nothing to worry about.  This was our field at its wettest, we are quite lucky it is ridge and furrow so we just stand on the ridge bits, plus we have a big bank which Mum is standing on to take this picture so if we really get fed up we can stand up there on that.


So for all those poor ponies out there who are really swimming, sorry for being so silly.  Dave and I are now working on a sunshine dance to see if we can help improve the weather for you all.  As you can see in the picture below we just about made the sun shine before it started to set behind the hills.  We will keep trying - we think its working because the sun is out again at the moment!!!!



We have quite a boring routine at the moment.  Dave and I wait at the gate for Zippy to arrive in the morning and neigh to say hello when we can hear her coming down the road.  We then all go off to tuck into the hay Mum gives us.  Then we stand at the gate waiting for Mum to come back and take Zippy away to her bedroom for the night and then she also gives Dave and I our hay rations for tea time - which we eat straight away!  This is us standing at the gate waiting for Mum to arrive.  As you can see I decided not to grow my clip back, Mum thinks I'm mad but I don't see the point, my tummy fluff is keeping me warm and I am hoping it will soon be spring.  Ahhhh yes spring - lots of yummy green grass to eat.




 Hoping all my pony swimming friends are managing to keep safe and warm and have found somewhere dry to shelter out of the rain.


2 comments:

  1. Oooooh a sunshine dance what a good idea. I will join you see if we can't get "him" up there to sort something out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo for the rain, we are fed up of it now :-( mud pies are getting tedious and we can only dream of sunshine... we'll join you in the sunshine dance!

    ReplyDelete