Sunday 27 April 2014

Holiday time starts...Good Friday

Finally life has got interesting! Surprisingly it's thanks to pony Dave. Mum has decided he had served his purpose, keeping me company all winter and that it was time to take him home. This has caused some dilemma as the box on wheels only has space for two ponies but we are a field of three. 

After much debate somehow Zippy managed to bag a ride in a deluxe little lorry all on her own - though she was charged with the care of 10 bales of hay, some hope of those still being there by the time we arrive!  Meanwhile Dave and I had to slum it in the tin on wheels - great! Still we also had copious amounts of hay and I did my best to eat it all without letting Dave have any. 

After a long journey, thanks Mum says to some incompetent road workers badly managing the traffic lights around the road works we finally made it back to Dave's home (my ex home) The Akehurst Stud (www.akehurst-ponies.co.uk) in Wales.  Dave got unceremoniously turned out with his old field mates Vince & Brian, bye then Dave, thanks for keeping me company!  While Zippy & I decided to share their old pen, which had a lovely deep bed of straw - this is good news for Zippy's old creaky bones (but don't tell her I said so, otherwise she might think I cared!)

The pen has a concrete base, so my excited pacing could be heard around the farm, evidently my clip clopping while herding Zippy around the pen that afternoon and evening - I can't help it, it's very exciting being on holiday, caused human stress, and ok possibly wore Zippy out, so I was upgraded to my own stable, while Zippy kept the pen.  Ponies this is a top tip, if you want your space be annoying, like humans quite often you can get promoted up the ranks, while actually just being an annoying pain, rather than because you have done something good and actually deserve the promotion!

Looking forward to exploring.......




2 comments:

  1. I am so jealous you get so many holidays with your pals in Wales. I've never been on holiday although my human goes regularly. Can I come with you next time?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zoe, I'll make sure we invite you. If I ask Mum nicely she might even see if we could come and visit you. I know she's looking to see where else she can take Benji and I in the UK, will keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete