Wednesday 30 April 2014

Easter Saturday Ride

Mum gave me the morning off, as her friend helped cook a big breakfast (really Mum was too full to ride!).  However Lynne took her posh lorry home at lunchtime, which meant I had run out of excuses, so she tacked me up for a ride and we went for a straight forward ride around the forestry hill (read mountain).

Zippy got a super big groom, she shed soooo much fur she literally filled a wheelbarrow with fluff - can you imagine.  That's a lot of happy birdies in Wales whose little chicks are going to wake up in a snug white Zippy fluff bed when they pop their heads out of their shells!

I got told off for herding Zippy around the big pen, so I was move into my own stable (much better accommodation) with the real horses - rather than with the cows!!!!

We all got hay and tea.  It was nice to catch up with Katy who Sarah had been looking after. Mum decided to take her for a quick ride around the arena.  Delia suggested that as she hadn't been ridden for several months and was previously freshly backed, maybe she should lunge her first, but oh no, Mum knew best!!!!

Three circuits of the arena in various cantering/bucking formations and impressively Mum still on top Katy came to a halt.  I'm sure I head Delia mutter 'should have lunged her'.  Katy was now de-stressed and exhausted and behaved impeccably around the arena walking and trotting on command!

All in all a good day, glad Katy tested out Mum's staying power - saves me the job!


No comments:

Post a Comment