Tuesday 6 May 2014

It's all too much we need a rest

Well I haven't yet shared with you all my exploits in Wales while I was on holiday, but I can assure you, it was certainly no holiday for me.  Yes it was great to catch up with all my old friends and relatives, but it was a lot of hard work.

Benji and I were heading off with Mum on lots of adventures around the forest and local lanes, normally out for at least two hours at a time - that's a lot of hill work over 10 days!  So needless to say we both were tired.  Below is Benji asleep on the sofa (I'm sure he wasn't supposed to be on there!)


Even Dave was tired and all he had to do was travel in the trailer back to Wales.  Still I'm sure he has had some fun running around with his old field mates and catching up on all the news.


This was me when we got back home, well one day after.  I spent the first day gorging myself on what was long grass in the back garden paddock, no one had eaten on it since Christmas, very yummy.  So once I had a full tummy and the grass looked a lot shorter I decided I needed a well deserved break.


Finally another picture of Benji enjoying the Welsh sunshine.  Yes we did have sun, Mum rode everyday except one when we were really rained off most of the day with heavy rain.


No doubt this time of rest will be brought abruptly to a halt - though it has been extended as Mum now has a cold, so I making the lost of the rest and putting my hooves up!

No comments:

Post a Comment