Tuesday 27 May 2014

It's time for new shoes

Actually I was well overdue for new shoes, Mum has been very lax in paying attention to my feet and the calendar.  I'm embarrassed to say its been 9 1/2 weeks since my lovely farrier came out to see me, can you believe it, Mum that's NEGLECT!

Though only a super clever Dales pony like me can keep rotten old shoes on for that long without loosing one - even in the super sticky mud Mum has been making me wade through this weekend.  I've hacked into her computer and made sure she has six weeks marked in her diary for next time.

Last time was the first time in a few months I had been shod because I was wintering out, so I was a little bit fidgety.  This time however I stood like a rock as even though it was such a long time ago (9 1/2 weeks Mum!!!!), I remembered that Shane likes me to stand still, even when my feet are smoking!


Needless to say in that time I had grown a lot of hoof, I've been focusing on my back feet in particular and they had an impressive amount of growth on them, but Shane did a lovely job of trimming my feet up - now they look like well cared for beautiful hooves, rather than the over long neglected hooves they were before he arrived, thank goodness for having such a lovely farrier.


Zippy finds it quiet hard to pick her feet up but Shane understands that she is old and is very patient with her as she slowly managed to lift her leg sort of into the right position, well just about high enough for Shane to give them a quick trim.  Fortunately these days her hooves don't grow as quickly as mine.

See you in six weeks Shane - otherwise I'm calling animal rescue for a new home!



No comments:

Post a Comment