Monday 19 May 2014

My first ever fun ride

Well Mum was up early this morning (well Sunday - I had a few technical problems uploading this blog) bringing with her the box on wheels. Zippy & I got our breakfast like usual but Zippy headed straight back out to the field as soon as she finished. I however couldn't follow as Mum had tied me up, I didn't mind it was a sunny morning and I was feeling chilled.

I got a lovely brush and had my ghost rug removed. Then we headed to the box on wheels. I took a little persuading to go in. But once in I settled and off we went to meet a new pony friend called Wilf.  He's an ex Welsh Section D stallion (took early retirement a about 5 years old and became a gelding!) but looks a bit girlie as he is a palomino with long blonde hair.


It turned out our Mum's had entered us for the Wiltshire Bridleways Pleasure Ride around Savernake Forest. I got on well with Wilf, he's a good chap, and we both enjoyed carrying our Mums around the lovely forest. We saw big deer, bluebells and I even managed a crafty snack or two on the low hanging branches!!!!

Mum got lost a couple of times so the short 7 mile ride turned into a slightly longer 8.12 miles, Mum had her clever machine tracking our progress, and helped her get unlost as well - phew, we could have been walking forever otherwise!

We couldn't have asked for better weather or better company. I hope I can go out with Wilf again soon. We both got a lovely rosette, Mum took mine home to look after, the first rosette of the year.


Wonder what Mum had planned for next weekend???? 

No comments:

Post a Comment