Friday 6 June 2014

Dave, why did I bother?

I don't know, I spent three long months teaching Dave how to be the perfect pony companion.  How to share my field, be nice to retired veterans like Zippy.  He learnt how to stand tied up while Mum spent hours turning us into girls and I am horrified that after all my training he got turned down at interview for the most perfect job - companion pony to Kaiser a lovely (big) horse.  He didn't have to travel far, just to the next farm, I have seen those fields - HUGE!  More grass than any pony could hope to eat and he was only going to share it with one horse.


I have no idea how he failed his interview, obviously my training went in one ear and straight out the other.  Even more embarrassing Baby Brian who is a whole year younger and has no idea about being a grown up pony companion got the job.  Boy that Dave has a lot to learn!

And then to top it all off I yesterday I get a distressed hoof mail from him asking to come back!  I mean he didn't listen to a word I said last time, so I have no idea how I can help and I am not sure I even want to!  It sounds like he is resisting growing up.  I think his strategy is a bit backwards.  Basically he is now being told by his Mum he has to grow up and wear a bridle with a bit and learn to be a proper riding pony.  He is not happy about this, I think because he lost the best job ever next door to Baby Brian, he thinks if he acts like a baby maybe they will change their mind!  Oh Dave you have so much to learn about humans.

Dave, if you are reading this I can send my Mum to help but I promise you she will only do more of the same as your Mum is currently doing.  GROW UP!  Being a riding pony is fabulous, just look at all the adventures I get to go on.  Open your mouth accept the bit and have fun.  No kicking humans - always a bad move, never bite the hand that feeds you either - because you will go very hungry!

So my advice is HORSE UP!  I'll send Mum, and I'll try and catch a lift too and show you how it is all done properly later this month.

Youngsters, honestly they have no idea!

1 comment:

  1. Wow so young and already able to pass on your impressive knowledge. That last ride sounded way too scary and you managed to take care of your human. I am so proud of you young man you are a credit to Dales ponies the world over.

    ReplyDelete