Tuesday 18 August 2015

My first show

Woody here, having a Mum is great fun.  Mum took me to my first show on Sunday. She entered me into showing classes - BORING! I did the young stock and Mum says I was perfectly well behaved and stood still very well, unlike my fidget pants brother. 


However I didn't really see the point in trotting, so I didn't. Mum says that's why I came last. I didn't care (and I know Mum wasn't really too bothered either, I was being so well behaved in all other aspects).  I got to speak to the ambulance men and lady in their spooky green tent, walked past some noises generators and watch the big flag flapping in the breeze. 

Then I spotted all the showjumping classes, now I wanted a go at that. So we went to watch and the nice lady in the clear round showjumping ring let me have a go.  I brightened up no end and leapt round the course (they could have put the jumps higher but Mum had to jump them too, so I thought they were best left low for her).  I won my first ever rosette, Mums in absolutely no doubt now that I'm definitely going to be a showjumper. 


I have to say a big thank you to Aunty Lynda, as she spotted another horse going around in hand and suggested I have a go, but even better she managed to capture it on video but you will get a crick in your neck because I can only watch it sideways https://youtu.be/JSxkDZrJbPc but I did manage to extract some photos




I was supposed to do the in hand large M&M class but I couldn't be bothered. Mum could tell I loved the showjumping and she didn't have the heart to drag me around the show ring again. There was a very handsome dapple grey dales gelding I chatted to, and he liked showing, so he was happy to represent our breed, there were a lot in the class - too boring. 

Mum is still laughing and said only I, at 1 year old, could come home with a showjumping rosette.  So my young pony friends you are never to young to decide on your dream and there is always a way to show you human want you are good at. 

No idea where Mum is this week, she's disappeared again!

Happy munching, Woody xxxx

1 comment:

  1. Wow Woody I'm so proud of you, know what you want and go get it. Can't fault that logic. It was good of you to keep the jumps low for your human but we can see how high you could have jumped. So is circus pony on hold for now?

    ReplyDelete