Saturday 16 August 2014

Mum what are you doing down there?

Honestly Mum keeps trying new things with me but today was a first!  We set out with Benji to the back garden and with music blaring out of Mum's leg we were practising circles to Abba, Queen and various other music. Some I enjoyed others were a bit quiet. Benji was doing his best to spook me by dashing through the long grass chasing the cars on the otherside of the hedge but I tried hard to concentrate on what Mum was asking.  We are doing well at our walk to canter transitions, I like doing them they are fun. 

Fed up with circles Mum put some jumps up for me, so we went whizzing around the back garden flying cross poles and uprights. Mum even put a couple of the jumps up a little higher, I was loving it.  Then Mum decided to try her new manoeuvre.....

We happily jumped the red and white cross pole, I thought that was the end so started to turn left to go home, Mum said no we were going right, so I started to turn right and then Mum went left so I went back to the left as Mum went to the right and then kept going right off my shoulder landing on her bottom in the muck heap!!!  Really I hope this is something Mum is not going to keep practising.

She got back on and we did some more jumping, by which time Benji, Mum and I were all tired so we went for a gentle stroll back down the lane listening to more music - I don't understand this sudden desire of Mums to keep listening to music especially when we are doing circles, I'm sure it will all become clear in the end. 

I came back to a grumpy Zippy she is not happy - Mum keeps shutting her on the yard while we go out and have fun, and she has nothing to eat and just a big bucket of water. Still we both tucked into a very yummy lunch.  Now time for a lie down I think. 


1 comment:

  1. Wow check you out. Jumping no less. What was your human doing on the muck heap? Silly place to sit if you ask me.
    I accidentally "lost" my human in the muck heap once. I stopped to make sure she was ok then took off home to where I lived to laugh with my mates at her "accident". The Stallion agreed with me it was hilarious. You of course wouldn't be amused at your humans choice of sitting place would you?

    ReplyDelete