Monday 4 May 2015

Can I be a showjumper please

This is Woody here. I've had a long wait to get my hooves on the iPad there is a pecking order and Mum has had it for ages for lots of boring work and then My big bro had some urgent news he had to dispatch, until finally it's my turn. 

I have been here over a month now and I like my new home. I've mastered walking up and down the road and sometimes I go with Cyril and sometimes I go with grumpy Zippy, she's ok really. This is me being led down the road, while Mum is riding Cyril. I don't mind who leads me or how, I just trot along enjoying the adventure. Nothing phases me, I've seen big artic lorries and trains go underneath my tummy when we are on the bridge, that's all ok. 


Me following Cyril up the road. I let anyone lead me, they don't have to be experienced. I know what I have to do and that's follow quietly, I don't pull and I don't need pulling either, I'm working on being the perfect pony to lead. 


Now I know my big brother, Cyril, is quiet a dressage diva and I've been putting a lot of thought into what I would like to be when I grow up, and I think I want to be a showjumper. Mum seems to agree as I have been doing my best to demonstrate my skills to her. Obviously I started this when I first arrived by jumping in to join Cyril and then Zippy in their fields. Since then I have been adding to these events. 

First came the jump over the water trough. Well Cyril had just arrived back and was tied to the other side of the gate and I wanted to say hello, and decided it was the perfect moment to show Mum my skills, so from a standstill and with some encouragement from Zippy (she was just about to take a chunk out of my bum and I had nowhere else to go) I leapt the water trough from a standstill. 


I'm quite small so seeing over my stable door can be a bit of a challenge. However the other day Cyril was showjumping in the back garden and Mum had left the gate open. Zippy and I had been put in our stables so we could watch Cyril working out from the comfort of our bedrooms. I could see him whizzing around the field and it looked fun, so I decided to join him. Ok it did mean leaping over my 4ft stable door, but I managed that ok, even with Mum looking!  I raced through the gate and then promptly followed Cyril cantering around the field and even jumped some of the jumps with him too. I think Mum was so be used she didn't know what to do, so let me canter after Cyril. I think I put up a good show and left Mum in know doubt that I want to be a showjumper. I wonder when my training can start?

When I'm not practicing my jumping I love hanging out with my big brother - he's God in my eyes. This is me and my big bro checking out whether we had intruders on the farm, but it was ok, it was cousin Eric from down the road. 


Zippy came along to see too, I still need to give her a bit of space at the moment, but when Cyril goes away she lets me look after her and we have a nice chat. 


I wonder what I can jump next, I think my sister Mel will be impressed, she has only learnt to climb into the hay feeder.  See if you can beat that big sis. Off to eat lots of yummy grass and work out what else I can jump. 

Bye for now Woody xxx









1 comment:

  1. Hi Woody. I think it's really clever of you to find something different from Cyril to make your mark. Showjumping it is then. Can't wait to see the vids of you when you're a little older. Sometimes these humans just need a push and a subtle hint in the right direction. They do like to think they make the decisions but of course we know the real truth don't we. Love Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete