Monday 4 May 2015

Please don't sell me

I think my success at Addington may have backfired on me.  As my followers know I have been going to have play days with my friend Lara. I had thought these were just what they said, play days, time to have fun and the humans entertained each other by swapping ponies. I'm now thinking I was mistaken and in fact a much more sinister plot was in the making. 

Why do I think this?  Well Mum got me ready for a dressage competition one morning, nothing unusual, she decided to put a running plait in my mane, well she's done that before. I was brushed and scrubbed to make me look my handsome self and loaded up onto the box on wheels. Mum had taken extra help, maybe I should have been suspicious at this point, Pops came along as usual and Jo, who rides my dales friend Eric, came along too???

Well we got to the competition, Mum tacked me up like usual and then disappeared! The next thing I know she is in all her competition gear on Lara, errrr Mum you are on the wrong horse?  Then to add insult to injury she walked off to the warm up arena without me. Trish, Lara's human, then turned up and got on me.  Ok I'm slightly confused but I know this human so maybe it's ok. We went off to join Mum in the warm up arena and Trish spent the time helping Mum to ride Lara, why?  Could this still be a play day? It felt a bit serious. 

Then Mum and Lara went into the long 60m x 20m arena and competed at Prelim 18, I then had to follow with Trish riding ME.  This isn't right at all. I tried my best to understand  what was required but it's not easy and didn't quiet make the halt at X. If that wasn't bad enough after a short break the whole experience was repeated but this time doing a Novice 22 test. Errrrrr Mum we have never done a Novice test, why am I doing it with someone else, now I'm worried. I don't understand why Mum is not riding me and even more worrying when she did her Novice test on Lara she had a huge grin on her face. Maybe she doesn't love me anymore. 

Even worse maybe the play days weren't play days, maybe they were trying us ponies out and are going to swap horses. Maybe Mum prefers the big fancy Lara dressage horse rather than a cute hard working dales pony?  But Mum I tried so hard at Addington, I did my best, we did come 2nd in the national dressage championships for ponies. Maybe that's it, maybe I did too good and now I am so valuable Mum is going to sell me to Trish. But Mum I don't want to be sold. 

All of this was going around in my head while I was loaded back into the box on wheels.  I am now usually quite good at just standing in my box on wheels but I started to panic and jump up and down. I don't think Mum could hear me so I double barrelled the inside of the trailer, because she had to hear that. The I saw her come back with a 2nd and 3rd rosette and they weren't mine, that's it I'm being sold. No Mum please don't sell me, I do like living with you and grumpy Zippy. 

OMG maybe that's why she got Woody. Woody is going to replace me and is going to be Zippys new friend and I'm being sold. I'm in full panic mode as the box on wheels finally moves, where am I going, where's Mum. I want Mum now, I managed to break one of the ties and turn around, maybe I could see Mum from out the back of the trailer. 

Then the box stopped and Mum climbed in through the little door to see what all the commotion was about. She turned me round and tied me back up and gave me lots of calming pats and hugs. Then she said she loved me and I was her forever pony and she didn't understand why I was making such a fuss. Well I wish she had told me this before, I started to calm down, it's all going to be ok, Mum hasn't sold me and she still loves me. She whispered in my ear that while it was fun to ride Lara, riding me was far better and she would never swap me for all the other ponies in the world. Phew. 

After that I calmed down and travelled quietly home, pleased to see Grumpy Zippy, but I think I had better keep an eye on that young Woody and make sure he doesn't become too cute and clever like me, just in case Mum changes her mind. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh wow my heart was in my mouth reading that. How scary it must have been for you. I'm so pleased you're staying with Zippy and Woody. xx

    ReplyDelete