Thursday 2 July 2015

All grown up

Hello, Woody here. I didn't run away to the circus, mostly because I have started going out on my own adventures. For the past couple of weeks Mum has been walking me up and down the road and I even got to go out with my big brother for a ride up to Chaddington Farm. I'm not allowed to carry Mum, Cyril says that's his job, but I'm hoping if I'm really well behaved she will let me carry her soon. 

I'm way more advanced than Cyril. Mum says I have now got my box on wheels certificate, which Cyril only got when he was three, I'm only one.  My first trip ever was when I came home to my new Mum and then I was allowed to travel loose but had all the doors shut, so there was nothing else to do but eat. Now I'm all grown up, I get to travel properly.  So Mum cross ties me in the box on wheels, just like my big brother. 

My first proper outing did look a little dodgey. Mum loaded me up. I love the box on wheels I was allowed to play in it for two whole weeks while we ate grass at the house. It's fun and has stuff you can eat, plus buckets that you can throw around, so I always walk straight in, well you never know what new toys might be in there. Anyway back to my first trip I was all loaded up and left Cyril neighing asking where I was going - errr I'm not psychic how do I know - like he knows where he is going when he gets loaded up. So I left Zippy and Cyril behind and it turned out we were just going to the roundabout and back, so not a long trip. I did scare Mum though because even though I was cross tied I still managed to turn around (my reserve ambition is to be a circus pony, if I don't make it as a showjumper) so I thought this was a useful trick to add to my repertoire. Mum had other ideas and pulled into the lay by to check what I was doing - I forgot she has a spy camera in the car and can see my every move. When she opened the jockey door I thought she wanted me to come out so I started reserving to come out and she slammed the door on my bottom - really!

I turned round to see why she had done that and she was gone and we were moving again - after due consideration I decided maybe she doesn't like me travelling backwards, even though I got a good view over the top doors, which I supposed I could have jumped if I wasn't tied up. So I finished the journey facing forwards. I was a bit hot and sweaty, Mum says it was emotional sweat, I just think she should try standing in a tin can in hot weather and try standing upright AND not sweat - go on Mum I dare you. 

Anyway my second trip was much longer and Mum got Jo to accompany her. Cyril has told me about his dressage and fun ride friend Lara, he was dead jealous when he found out I got to meet her and all her field friends. The box on wheels took me straight to Breach Lane Equestrian centre where she lives, and I got to meet Aunty Trish and Aunty Alison - Mums human friends. 

When we arrived I had to stay in the trailer just for a little while - this is because Cyril used to come straight out and now when he arrives anywhere he expects to be let out straight away.  Oh big brother you have so much to learn, though I do like his stamping trick. I tried it but it didn't seem to work, I was only let out once I was quiet. 

Aunty Jo took me for a walk around the big outdoor arena, with people and Cyril's friends watching I didn't want to let Mum down, so just strolled around very casually, exploring stuff, a picture of calm relaxation - gosh it's quiet hard to pull of the nontulant look while your actually quiet nervous, but I think I passed muster - maybe I could be an actor? We did a little bit of trotting too and Jo got told to keep up with me, note I didn't get told off!

Then Mum took over and took me into the brightly coloured indoor arena. I still had the humans watching but I couldn't see the horses any more. That was fine. I just wandered around explored the corners, tried eating the carpet off of the mounting block - yuck, but it did smell interesting. Then Mum got me to do a trot up down the centre of the arena, Aunty Trish said I wasn't tracking up. I wasn't going to fail on my first outing so when Mum did the second trot I did my very best and managed to track up - whatever that means but I did it. 

Mum called the whole visit a resounding success and I then impressed everyone even more by just walking straight back into the box on wheels - well I wasn't going to walk all the way home and I was very excited to tell Zippy and Cyril all about my big adventure. Plus Mum says I can have my box on wheels certificate I was that good. It's only provisional at the moment. 

When can we go out again Mum so I can get my proper certificate?

1 comment:

  1. What a fabulous young man you are. Part of me can't wait to see you grown up and doing stuff part of me wants you to stay a baby forever. Don't be offended at me calling you a baby, I'm an old girl now so anyone under 10 is a baby to me.

    ReplyDelete