Saturday 13 August 2016

Akehurst Ambrose 'Show Pony'


Morning Mum, did you sleep well? I have been very well behaved, did you bring me more hay because I have eaten all mine? Thank goodness you have, yummy I can tuck in. Oh sorry was I supposed to have said I had missed you?


I got to see my brother Brian today, he came to camp.  Mum went to collect him from his home.  We have to be related because he likes his hay as much as I do. Brian is two years older than me, but I think I'm nearly as big as him, maybe?


Today was practicing at being a show pony. Mum gave me to Aunty Lois for my in hand lesson as Mum didn't want to let me down and Lois has done LOTS of showing. We had a master class from Matthew Lawrence, he's amazing, he takes lots of ponies to HOYS. I don't know what that is but everyone says it in hushed reverent tones, so I'm guessing it's pretty amazing. 


Mum introduced me to Matthew and said I wouldn't be a show pony because I am Section B, but Matthew says Section B Dales ponies have made it to HOYS. So I decided I had better go out and try and impress everyone and then maybe I could go to this magical place too. 


I was taught I have to be brave and stand in my own space, I'm not allowed to hide behind Mum. 


Yeah I think I got the hang of that. It was a very busy arena, there were three of us in hand and two other ponies being ridden around us too. 


This did get a bit exciting. 


But I got the hang of them running around and then I was foot perfect. 


I was soooo well behaved that Mum let me go into the Trec paddock afterwards and have a good munch on some very yummy grass. 


After that I was allowed to relax in my stable and eat more hay. Mum refreshed my hay net before she headed off for the evening. I like it here, lots to eat and fun things to do. Wonder if I could make it to HOYS?











No comments:

Post a Comment