Sunday 14 August 2016

Akehurst Ambrose Winning 'Dressage & Trec Pony'

I'm loving Native Pony Camp. With my huge stable and what seems to be an unlimited supply of hay - heaven. Well this morning I had a go at Inhand dressage as part of the Native Pony Trec competition. Mum had to learn where we were going and I had to behave. In the warm up I practiced trying to fly. I've been living next to an Andulsian Horse who has been explaining some exciting Spanish moves, so I thought I'd add them into the program, but Mum made it quite clear they were not required, which was a shame because I thought I was doing quite well. 


I had fun strutting my stuff and was very well behaved and listened to Mum.  I think my brother has some serious competition. I got 83% for my first ever dressage test - Cyril be scared, you have never got in the 80's!  I'm going to be awesome when Mum decides to ride me. Do you like my pointy toes?


From dressage we went straight into the Trec field. I managed to trot 3/4's of the trot track before I got too excited and just had to canter, so no points. On the way back I knew I had to walk quickly, I didn't think the judge would notice some small trots, but they did so I didn't get any points for my control of paces. Then the obstacle course. First the barrels, that was easy. 


Then my total favourite the showjump.  Come on Mum keep up. I jumped it clear on a long stride, super easy. 


Next the S bend. This is trickier than it looks we did it the best we ever have and I did try and listen to Mum but sometimes my feet have their own ideas and we did knock the poles a couple of times, but Mum was pleased with my effort. 



Bridge, what bridge? This was an easy 10 marks. I got a bit excited through the trot corridor and ended up cantering again. So Mum tried to calm me down by walking through the bending poles.  I was busy looking at my pony friends in the next field as this was very easy. 


All my pony play days and Trec clear round competitions have paid off and I didn't even notice the tarpaulin as I trotted along with Mum. We even managed synchronised legs!


Stationary for 10 seconds was a bit tricky because the grass was nicer outside the roped area, so I only managed to resist for 6 seconds, instead of the required 10. Hey I'm a Dales pony and trained to eat the best grass first. 



We then did rein back but this is easy and again I was more interested in what the ponies were doing in the next field. The next task was the low hanging branches.  I wasn't so sure about this and put on emergency brakes before Mum persuaded that it would be OK, so I decided to really duck, well it would be silly to have hit my head! 


The last obstacle was called the scary corner, which really isn't scary, people should come live at our house, with chickens, crazy dog, umbrellas, seaside windmill things to name just a few things we have to put up with every day. 


Well all my hard work paid off and I won the Inhand Trec Competiton. Just don't tell anyone I was the only entry. If anyone asks, I was against tough Competiton - well it's very hard to beat invisible opponents!  Mum was super proud, not bad for a two year old. Move over brother, I'm a Competiton winning pony too. 










1 comment:

  1. Oh well done, I knew you would do so well. You're a Dales with a reputation to uphold. Scary corner indeed.
    A worthy winner. Shhhhh your secrets safe with me.

    ReplyDelete