Friday 12 August 2016

My first night away from home

Cyril's been so busy this summer that I had given up hope of doing anything fun. But last minute Cyril tweaked his back carrying Mum sideways and Mum decided little 2 year old me could go to Native Pony Camp, instead of my big 7 year old brother. Yipheeee!

I soon discovered this camp must be serious stuff because I found myself having a full scale bath, just don't get the water in my eyes Mum. 


Then I knew it was REALLY serious when mum let me wear one of Cyril's rugs. I think it fits rather nicely, I wonder if I can keep it?



Needless to say I had to practice posing for the obligatory photographs.  I think I look all grown up, no one would ever guess I was only 2 years old. I think it hides my tummy quite well too. 

I can't remember the last time I was allowed out in the trailer on my own and left Cyril behind. I walked straight in of course, wow I have never seen so much hay, I'm going to love this journey! So I tucked into the yummy hay straight away, well there is no point letting it go to waste. Oh, should I have waited for my photo first? Mum's caught me mid munch, well I'm a Dales so nobody is going to worry about that. 


When we arrived Mum left me in the trailer quite happily munching on hay while she went to find out which was my bedroom. Wow it's massive I could hold my own pony party in this bedroom. 




I think Mum did quite a good job, reckon I've scrubbed up ok, though I might get her to give my white socks another wash tomorrow. 


No peace for the wicked though, there was me thinking camp was a pyjama party, lots of food and just chilling. Oh no, Mum marched us off to have a look at the Trec field. This is exciting, look lots of other ponies to look at, can I go say hello Mum?  I guess not, but I don't really understand what you want me to do with my feet and these wooden poles. Oh look yummy grass. Oh I can't eat that either. Gosh this could be hard work. 

Oh Mum, look, look, a show jump lets go jump that, come on hurry up, whophee, love jumping. Oh high heel kicks of excitement aren't allowed either. No wonder Cyril pulled a sicky, this could be quite difficult. Actually it's ok, the scary corner is sooooo not scary. Tarpaulin, what tarpaulin, oh the stuff blowing in the wind under my feet, next to the very yummy grass. Carpet check, log check, bending poles check, more yummy grass - what I'm STILL not allowed? Wooden bridge easy - oh look Mum it really does need weeding, surely I'm allowed to help with that?


Finally I'm allowed to eat some of the yummy grass while Mum chats to some of the humans - hurrah!  After quite a bit of munching on some top quality yummy grass, maybe this camp stuff might not be so bad after all, I head back to my bedroom for a rest. Well and to chew Mums favourite (expensive) gloves, opps might have left a few too many holes in them then!  Best get back to eating my hay. 

Oh are you going now Mum? What you are leaving me here on my own? Without you or Cyril? Oh ok then, I have my tea and plenty to watch. Night, night Mum, say hi to Cyril and I'll see you in the morning. 












1 comment:

  1. Huge bedroom, lots to eat, things to do that show off how wonderful you are.........what could be better. You do the breed proud.
    I'm sure Cyril will let you keep the rug, it really suits you.

    ReplyDelete