Sunday 26 June 2016

Somethings are just not meant to be

Humans could learn a lot from us Dales ponies. We just get on with whatever task is given to us and generally we do this quiet happily. Humans do seem to get upset about things. Take all this EU stuff, no one asked us ponies and we have been around a long time, shaping the future of this great nation. Did we get upset about not being asked? No of course we didn't. Did we help the humans in this big decision, of course we did. 

This is one of my relatives, Aunty Lakin, (short for LadyKin) she kindly took her human, Lois, to vote. I'm sure she would have provided some sound advice too. She used to be a nurse in Romeo and Juliet, I'm sure that's what her human said. 


Me, I took my Mum showjumping to distract her from worrying about the result. 

Ok so some humans are celebrating and others aren't so sure. Let me tell you this, us Dales ponies will help out as we have always done. Whether it's mining, working on the farms or going to war (though personally I'm a pacifist so I'm hoping it does come down to war) You can rely on us to keep Britain great. 

Though I might need Aunty Nurse Lakin to take a look at my poorly face before I can help with the morale boosting effort. 


Mum's not so happy with me. Today was going to be THE day. When I say THE day, I mean THE day I was to do my first ever one day event. This is something Mum has been training me for, for the last four years. It's been her dream. So you can imagine how pleased she was having worked into the night cleaning two saddles and numerous outfit changes (it was also to be our first public side saddle appearance) and then getting up at silly o clock this morning to complete final preparations. Only to find me with a lopsided grin. 


Mum, it's a hard lesson but some things are just not meant to be. The vet says I'll live (if I survive my mothers scorn) and don't worry pony friends, I still managed to eat my breakfast in record time and munch the soaked hay Mum had prepared for the journey. 

Let's hope Dales ponies now we are out of the EU, they will stop importing all these fancy horse types and get back to buying British!  Native ponies rule and Dales ponies are what makes Britain Great. 

Please note my patriotic red and white England rug. 


DALES PONIES RULE!



No comments:

Post a Comment