Saturday 28 December 2013

Festive fun

I am having the best Christmas ever! To start with I am spending quality time with my Mum, Benji and Zippy. I have done loads of things.  I've been out on my own and battled sheep.


Mum was not impressed when we came across these sheep on the track, yes a proper Bridleway and yet again farmers are abusing their privileges.  Well this time Mr Farmer you were foiled, brave pony that I am, Mum and I squeezed past these silly sheep down the right hand side. It was brambliy and I did stop to kiss a sheep on the way past - she was a cute sheep and the only one brave enough to come say hello to me! 10 yards further on temporary sheep fencing blocked our way, Mum leaped off and made space for us to past, wow the air was blue!  We had great fun and I turned mud colour from cantering through muddy puddles, heehehee. There were some great views...


Spooky a horse and rider that looks just like Mum and me!


I've been out in biting icicles and rode through a field of charging cows, Benji was with me to help protect Mum, I've had more practice of going out on my own recently so I am getting much braver being out on my own, not that I haven't been brave.

Yesterday I met a new friend Cinders, she's owned by Lynda, they were a little taken aback by my arrival. I was leaping up and down in the trailer all excited and anxious because when I arrived one of the horses was very upset because his field companion had gone and he was galloping up and down his field.  I was trying to join in, but Mum had other ideas.  Lynda thought I was a bit wild, however once Mum got on I settled down and we had a lovely hack around Notton.

Today I took Zippy for a ride around Woodshaw, she has had lots of Christmas presents....a new bucket so she doesn't have to reach the floor for her food and a hay feeder for the same reason.  This is because she's getting old and her arthritis hurts her shoulders when she eats grass.  Finally the vet has given her a never ending supply of bute to keep her comfortable and happy - seemed to be working.  However I might not have got any presents but I have the best present of all, my Mum, we have so much fun together, I am a very lucky pony and having a family including Mum, Benji and Zippy makes me one very lucky pony :0).  Happy Christmas pony friends, hope you got lots of buckets of carrots and treats xxxx


2 comments:

  1. What a perfect pony you are. Such a credit to all Dales ponies everywhere. Upholding our tradition of bravery and sensible-ness.
    I bet your mum is so very very proud of you and quite rightly so. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, sounds like a great Christmas Cyril - well done you for keeping your Mum safe from all those scary things!

    ReplyDelete