Monday 14 July 2014

Saturday the girls are in charge!

On Saturday I saw Mum and Benji were up very early to help boss man, John with the cows.  Peaches and Melba (I though that was a dessert not a cow???? humans are very confusing sometimes) have to come in to give their foster calves milk and the humans milk too, why the humans cant make their own milk I'll never know.

Then Zippy and I watched from our lovely field while boss man, John, left the farm not to return all day!  This is very unusual especially as boss lady, Delia was left behind.  That meant the whole farm was left in the hands of the girls - oh no this could mean trouble!

Nondus arrived to help too on Saturday and they were very efficient and got all their duties done without issue - boring!

Mum and Nondus set off on Suzy and June to meet Tina's new pony.  He is a replacement for Brian.  I'm not quiet sure whether Brian got sacked or not from companion duties, it's all been hushed up and I can't believe anything Dave tells me because he thought he should have gone up to keep Tina's horse company in the first place.

Anyway her new horse is a lovely coloured cob (my favourite after Dales ponies - have to say that Zippy is reading this over my shoulder!) whose name is Indie - he does look like an indian's pony.  I wonder whether he will be up for playing cowboys and indians?


It was yet another lovely day so the three ponies and humans had a lovely ride, I'm not sure why Mum didn't take me?  June had to take Mum so she won't be happy as Mum makes her work on the bit!


Still meant I could have a rest, Zippy and I are loving the huge field we are in, lots of yummy grass.


No comments:

Post a Comment