Wednesday 2 July 2014

The whole family is on the move

Dave is still sending me distressed reports of cruelty even though I know from Mum's last visit he is just being silly. However I have managed to convince Mum that perhaps if she took me to Wales I could show Dave how it's done and lead by example.  

I thought this was a bit of a longshot but Mum fell for it on condition Zippy and Benji came along for the ride too. So last Wednesday we were all packed up into the box on wheels and off we went to the current home of Dave, and my old home The Akehurst Stud in mid Wales. 

We arrived in time for lunch, so Zippy and I were put into our rooms, most of the crew were already in there, including Katy who came to stay with us for a while (but Zippy didn't like her). Mum disappeared off for lunch while we tucked into our hay. 

Then Zippy & I got to stretch our legs, by going for a little walk around the racetrack. 


Zippy met her new rider Nondus, she likes Nondus because she's nice and light weight. Zippy enjoyed herself so much she even offered a canter up the hill for Nondus. Mum told me I had to keep behind because if Zippy thought it was a race she'd go faster and hurt herself.  Humph, I could have beaten her, but Benji won like usual. 


We posed for a family photo afterwards, think Benji was a bit tired!


Then we got a real bonus and were turned out into a beautifully cut field, which turns out to be our home for the week - yummy.  Plus it's next to Dave's field, so we can chat to all three boys.

This is our standard view of them, they are like the three musketeers!  Brian is on the left, he's two years old. Then it's my old mate Dave in the middle, who I have come to sort out and then there is Vince on the right. Dave and Vince are three and Mum is just helping back them. All three are for sale, all enquiries to Delia Weedon at the Akehurst Stud, but make sure you tell her I told you, as I'm working on commission and have been promised a whole bag of carrots for every pony I find a lovely human for. 


Mum and Nondus then took Katy and June out. Mum got to ride Katy who is very proud of her new shoes, it's the first set of shoes she has ever had and she loved being shod, standing like an old pro, she was so excited to give them a test drive. She also likes the noise they make against the metal bars in her pen - not sure the humans share this view!  Below is Mum on Katy, she's my half sister. 


And below is Nondus on June.




No comments:

Post a Comment