Monday 14 July 2014

For Sale (well not if Mum gets her way) - Akehurst Melrose

Mum and I have had an argument about this blog, mostly I think because Mum actually really wants to buy Mel (aka Akehurst Melrose) for herself.  The only problem is my best mate and field companion Zippy DOES NOT LIKE GIRLS.  Mum knows this and the boss lady, Delia, at the stud has promised me a bag of carrots if I can help sell her.  And as Mum clearly is not going to give me any carrots, I need to fend for myself before I forget what they taste like!  So sorry Mum, my hooves win!


Mel is a black yearling filly (hence why Mum can't have her).  She was born on 22nd May 2013 and like me is a section A dales pony.  In fact she is my half sister.  We both share the same Dad, Lowhouses Jet (aka Rambo to his friends).  Mum says that is why Mel is a lot like me, we both simply adore human company. Her Mum is Akehurst Princess Rose, a very experienced mummy.  I've been told to say both parents are FIS clear - I have no idea what that means but evidently its good!

Mel is a very friendly pony (just like me) who just loves people (just like me) and therefore is always keen for fuss and attention (of course, what else is a pony for but to make a fuss over - as long as its me!).

This is another reason I need to help Delia sell Mel, sorry little sister, but I'm not up for sharing my Mum with you.  She's mine and I need ALL of her attention.  

Mel (like me) comes rushing to the gate whenever she spots a human, so is easy to catch. She enjoys being groomed and is keen to join in anything asked of her. She loaded straight into trailer the first time she was shown one (though she has not actually traveled in one yet - unlike me who is now a very experienced can on wheels expert).  She has no problem with her hooves being trimmed (like me) and was even a little star when she had a visit from the vet (a what?  Mum says its best not to find out what a vet is, err ok Mum). 

The down side to all this is, she suffers from ASD (attention seeking disorder) !! And makes it quite clear she wants all the attention (couldn't possibly imagine where she gets that from - Dad!). Therefore needs a home where there are not too many other ponies and a firm human who will not tolerate her little tantrums! (Hmmm that sounds like my Mum!)


Mel has excellent conformation (like me), lovely free moving straight action (like me), very brave (I'm sure she will get her human out of many scrapes, like I do getting my Mum out of bogs etc), easy to lead and is used to cows, sheep, tractors, quads, dogs, plastic bags and space hoppers (yeah best not to ask about that!). Mel is show quality, but also has potential for any discipline (just like me!).

A very special home is required for my little sister and she is only for sale (because I won't let Mum buy her) and the boss lady Delia no longer shows or competes.

Please email jweedon6@gmail.com or visit http://www.akehurst-dalesponies.com/For_Sale.htm for more information on my little sister. 

Because I am very clever I have even managed to turn my hooves to producing a short video of my little sister - please don't expect her to have the same blogging and videoing skills as me, but you never know!  I'm not clever enough to include it in my blog but I have uploaded it to YouTube so if you click on this link you can see what she moves like http://youtu.be/ekWNLc6BPKs

Basically if you would like a little me who will try their heart out to please you, and you are a clever human who understands how to play our pony games and win by playing firm but fair, then this is the pony you have been looking for.  (No Mum you cannot have her, you know Zippy will try to kill her, and yes Zippy may be old, but she has a good few years in her yet!).

Whatever you do, please tell the boss lady Delia, that I sent you, I really need carrots!!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment