Tuesday 29 December 2015

Last hack before holidays

Mum says I've worked so hard this year I can go on holiday. I'm not sure this is a good idea with imposter Brian nicely settled into my bedroom, what if Mum falls in love with him? She might forget about me and I may never get to return to my bedroom and carry Mum on all sorts of adventures. Zippy says I shouldn't stress, Mum calls me her forever pony so I'm stuck with her, which is great news cos she's not bad as humans go, but don't tell her that. 

We were very lucky with the weather yesterday after a sprinkling of rain first thing the sun came out and we had blue sky, yes honest after weeks of dull grey it was joyful to see the sun. 

Mum brought me back to the house yard to get me ready and as I was shiny and showing off my dapples she decided she would take a photo of her handsome pony. 



But Zippy kept photo bombing the pictures much to Mums amusement. She did finally get a portrait of her forever pony. 


Ok I'm munching hay but I was hungry and needed to fuel up for my last hack of 2015. 

Mum loaded me onto the box on wheels and we set off for Barbury. Wow what a view when we arrived. 


I stood getting tacked up with the sun shining - lovely. 


Soon my new horsey friend Vana arrived with her Mummy Clare, in her gorgeous big truck, I'd like one of these Mum, it's deluxe travelling. I know this because I hitched a ride in it last week, when Vana and I went to the Water park. 

Benji was allowed to come in our last hack too. He loves this ride with all its smells and big fields to run around in. 

I got to show Vana a new route and she was fascinated with Benji dog, couldn't quiet suss him out as he kept popping up in hedges and then disappearing across the fields. 


We all had the most fantastic ride and I feel very lucky the sun shine was so glorious for our trip. The humans let us run along the grassy gallops up Smeaths Ridge which was the perfect end to our ride. You can see Vana and I were very happy content ponies by the time we got back to our box on wheels. 



When I got home I had to make my final preparations for going on holiday. Mum has decided I don't need to pack my rugs or plait my hair, I'm going to be allowed to be a roughty toughty pony for a couple of months, so all I had to do was apply my own mud pack rug. 


Still needs some work but plenty of time for that!  Thank you Vana and Clare for a lovely last ride. Not sure what 'endurance' means but going to look it up after my holidays as it sounds like Vana and I might be going on one of those rides next year. Too much like hard work to need to worry about it now. 

Time to put my hooves up and enjoy my nice outdoor bedroom with 24x7 access to grass. It can't get much better than that, take care pony friends xxx







No comments:

Post a Comment