Wednesday 30 December 2015

Hello, I'm Brian the imposter!

Hello, my name is Brian the Dales pony.  I've come to stay with Cyril (my half brother) and Woody (my little full brother). My mummy's not very well, so Cyril's Mum is looking after me for a while. 

I am staying in Cyril's indoor bedroom so I have to be extra clean and make sure I keep it nice and tidy for him. He forgot to pack his iPad when he went on holidays so I thought I'd use it to say hello. 

I've been here just over a week now. I prefer it to my first new home, it had horrible horses that were mean to me. I much prefer it here. I live next to Zippy cob at nighttime and share a field with her during the day. She's ok. She was a bit scary to start with so I made sure I kept my bottom and heels towards her, but she's quite old so doesn't hurt me and we have now become friends. 

Cyril and Woody are in the field next to me, so we get to chat over the ouch fence. 

I'm here to learn to carry humans and become a grown up horse. Aunty Lynette said I had to be brave and start as I meant to go on. Which means I've been walking with Zippy up and down the road. We didn't have cars in Wales and in my new home I had only stayed in the field, so being at Aunty Lynette's has been quite scary. I used to jump every time a car went past, the first time I nearly squashed her - oops!

Zippy says they are nothing to worry about, and I'm getting a lot better though I can't quite ignore them like she does, well not yet anyway. I've even walked down the road without her, so I have to listen to Aunty Lynette even more carefully then. 

I like it here I have my own bedroom and I get breakfast and dinner everyday and I get to go out on grass everyday, the field is full of it, very yummy. 


I have started work and I have already passed my saddle exam. I have been revising my lunging and by day two I was doing walk and trot and halt foot perfect. It was too windy and wet today to work but I'm hoping I can do some more tomorrow. 


I hope Cyril doesn't mind me using his stable and borrowing his Mum while he is on holiday. I have promised to be good. 



2 comments:

  1. Hello Brian I'm Zoe also a dales pony. I think I'd like to stay with your family. So many good looking dales boys for me to watch and lovely grass too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Zoe
      It is good here, but you wouldn't be able to stay as Zippy Cob is top mare and no other mares are allowed, which is a shame because Cyril says you are very nice. Hope we can keep chatting, maybe when I'm human qualified I could come visit?
      Take care Brian x

      Delete