Tuesday 8 March 2016

I've been sacked 😢

It wasn't even my fault! Lynette has sacked me as a ride lead pony.  I can't believe I have blotted my perfect copy book. It was all Woody's fault. Lynette had come to collect us from the field, Cyril was already tucked up in bed as he had been out on a ride. OK so I was arguing with Woody at the gate and Lynette had to tell us both off. Well I wanted to go first and Woody wanted to barge through and go first instead. 

Once Lynette had organised us and closed the field gate, we went through the road gate and we were still arguing while Lynette tried to shut the padlock. We got shouted at again. So eventually we stood quietly while Lynette got on me.  We went to set off but a car was going down the road so we had to wait which meant circling because Woody and I didn't want to stand still. Well it was chilly and we know our tea is waiting in our bedrooms. So after the car passed we set off, Woody at a trot. 

Hey hang on wait for me, Lynette was telling us both off but Woody wasn't listening and I wasn't going to be left behind. Eventually Lynette rescinded control of Woody and let him gallop up the road, she was trying to tell me to stop but I'm not used to her riding me bareback in a halter and I was more worried about being left behind. So I started to canter to catch up but Lynette was weighing me down so I tried to buck her off while still cantering. I could feel she wasn't balanced and so I did obey when she made me move onto the verge, still at a bucking canter, at which point she decided on a voluntary dismount. Byeeeeee.  Ohhhh Lynette you have left some great skid marks on the ground as you landed. 


I caught up with Woody just before the bridge and we ran around on the grass before deciding in the failing light to head home. Somehow Lynette managed to tell her Dad to stand at the gate on the road to catch us, I have no idea how she did that when he was in the house and we were 1/2 mile down the road. Anyway being Dales and knowing it was getting dusky we did the sensible thing and stopped on the apex of the bridge so any cars would clearly see us, plus there is a nice bit of grass we could munch on. Great views from up here. 

Lynette caught us at the bridge and read us the riot act. Don't think we will be getting extra carrots in our tea, in fact we were not allowed any carrots in our tea. I guess we were lucky to get tea at all. Lynette says I'm sacked as a ride lead pony, until I learn not to be influenced by Woody. I still maintain its his fault. I hope this hasn't ruined my chance of getting a new Mummy!

1 comment:

  1. Oops. I have to admit to ditching my human as she was slowing me down when I was racing with my friend Red. Nah you'll get a new human with no trouble, who could resist a stunningly handsome boy and a Dales to boot.

    ReplyDelete