Thursday 3 March 2016

Time to call in the professionals!

If Mum is serious about getting me super fit this year, I decided she had better get some professional help with 'her' training plan, as I don't think a dressage competition after a week of walk work is really the right approach. 

There was only one person to call, Polly, after all she has competed at the highest levels and on a highland cross pony so I couldn't think of anyone better to keep Mum on the straight and narrow. I'm hoping this plan is not going to back fire on me!

So far I'm really liking what Polly has to say. Firstly and most importantly I need more food - yeah!  Now this is serious music to my ears. My paltry handful of cardboard nuts has been changed for yummy speedibeet and Alpha A with Oil. If this was not good enough my portion sizes seem to be growing each day, oh I'm in heaven. 


Next I'm to have a day off a week - hmmm Polly can't I negotiate two days off a week for good behaviour?  Evidently not but I'm not allowed on super long hacks anymore, unless it's for a special occasion and then I can have two days off in a row - good compromise I think. My hacks have been limited to 60-90mins no more 2-3 hours treks across the countryside visiting friends - which for my little legs is very tiring. 

Also Polly has put a ban on my frequent travelling as at least she understands how tiring it is for us ponies to stand up in our box on wheels. Last year we frequently went out 2-3 times a week. I'm now limited to one outing a week. 

Less travelling, less hacking, more food - this is definitely my kind of training plan!

Well it was until yesterday morning when blowing a freezing gale, Mum made me walk up the road while it rained hale stones for a whole 70 minutes - I don't care if this was the only time you had to ride me yesterday and it said we had to go out on the training plan, surly it could have been a day off instead, even though I had already had the day before off. 

I might have to revisit my views on this training plan, goodness knows what weather I will have to be going out in tomorrow?  Still it's time for my huge yummy tea, so life is not all bad!

1 comment:

  1. I'm liking the more food bit. Sounds like very serious stuff just remember who is in control........YOU.

    ReplyDelete