Wednesday 23 March 2016

Bye bye brothers

Brian here - this will be my last blog as I now have a new Mummy. Last week Aunty Lynette took me for one last ride. I think this was mostly because she fell off the last time she rode me and she wanted to check that I could still be well behaved under saddle at walk, trot and canter. Come on Lynette, you know when I have learnt something I don't forget. We had a lovely last ride around the farm and I behaved impeccably. 

We did the duck under low hanging branches, walk and trot and canter without bucking. I sensibly walked over all the ditches and only called out to Cyril and Woody a couple of times so they knew where I was. This got me lots of pats and Lynette was very pleased with me. 

So I was a little upset after being so well behaved that on Friday I had to endure two hours of scrubbing, washing and cleaning but I have to admit that I think I looked quite smart by the end of it. I was so covered in mud Lynette wasn't even sure if I was actually under all the dirt. 



Then my big day arrived. Saturday I was loaded up into Lynette's box on wheels for the very last time. I neighed goodbye to my brothers and partners in crime. I have had a great time staying with you for the last three months and I'm very proud to be leaving as a fully qualified riding pony. 


Well I have gone now!  I'm now settled into my brand new stable with brand new rubber matting and very yucky tasting straw, evidently it's called shavings!  Lynette gave me a long lecture on how it's not acceptable to go kicking any stable, but especially a brand new stable. I will try and remember that!

My highlights of my stay with Lynette, Woody, Cyril, Benji dog and Zippy (RIP my beautiful lady friend, who was very kind to me) have been many. I can now hack alone very happily and in company too. I self load into the box on wheels. Thank you to my friend Red for teaching me cars are not scary. I learnt to enjoy chasing the digger down the road. 


My very first dressage test saw me qualify for the Rein & Shine Intro Dressage Championships, which I enjoyed going to. 


I also won my first ever rosette, getting a clear round at the Trec In Hand Competition. I met Stuart the dentist, who pulled out four of my baby teeth and I was allowed to pack them in my bag and take them with me. I met Shane the farrier who worked hard on my wonky back hoof and I now leave with a much smarter hoof that only has a visual crack in it rather than a real crack as before. 

Having been looked after so well at Lynette's I was a little worried about going to a new home. But as soon as I arrived I felt right at home and knew it would be OK, I mean I was moving into a brand new stable. I'm looking forward to my new adventures with my new mummy, Claire. 

My final thoughts have to be with my old Mummy Michelle. Thank you for buying me and starting me out on my new adventures away from the stud. Thank you for entrusting me to Lynette when you became poorly. I'm so sorry you are not well enough to keep me, I will work hard to make you proud. You will always be in my thoughts and horsey prayers. 







1 comment:

  1. Oh Brian, I'm going to miss your updates but trust you to keep the Dales flag flying. You're one amazing boy. How exciting to have a new human. I'm sure Cyril, Woody and Zippy will have given you some great advice on training humans. Keep up the good work. Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete