Wednesday 27 March 2013

Allowed to stay muddy

Heee heee heee, I have learnt that Zippy & Mum have been scheming to get me to repay some of the debt I owe Zippy by going showing over Easter - really! I can't believe Zippy has been scheming against me, I'm very hurt!

Anyway it's all back fired - heee heee heee. Friday's NPS show and Saturday's Welsh Pony show in Somerset have both been cancelled/postponed - shame! The really good news is I now don't have to have a shampoo and set in this freezing weather, I mean brrrrrrr, can you imagine!

Which means I get to stay muddy and dirty (I hope) unless Mum gets bored and decides to wash my legs and tail over the Easter weekend.

Sadly our trip to my home stud at Easter has also been postponed because of this freezing weather, which is a real shame because I was hoping to show off my riding pony capabilities to the youngsters and Katy in particular because I know they are going to be sooooo jealous. Anyway I guess it gives me a few more weeks to work on my canter - I'm not very good at this yet, but I'm still young and not very fit - well that's my excuse! Plus Mum hasn't been riding me that much because she is busy with work to ensure Zippy & I have full tummies of hay - emergency rations have been brought in! And the sand house we hire is out of action because of a local outbreak of EHV - scarey!

Zippy and I have been banned from talking to any horses in case we catch this disease, as long as I can still kiss/bite Zippy I don't mind. So beware fellow equestrians keep your noses to yourselves for a while, hopefully the outbreak will die out and we can get back to going out and meeting new horsey friends very soon.

Keep yourselves safe off to bed now, extra pyjamas as its sooooo cold still.

2 comments:

  1. That EVH sounds scary. Stay safe. Lucky escape being bathed in this sounds evil.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boo for the bad weather and that nasty virus thingy, your Mum does right to ban pony snuffles (except with humans) for a while.... we need sunshine to chase the bugs away!

    ReplyDelete