Wednesday 27 March 2013

Grass, grass, grass

Give me grass pleeease!

Like every other Dales pony bred for our hardy all weather capabilities - I have now had enough of proving how capable I am of surviving a long cold winter. I've done that! Can we now have some lovely warm sunshine, if only to cheer up the mood of my human!

Obviously with sun comes grass growth. I'm kinda of fed up with hay now. Now don't get me wrong I'm pleased we are getting hay and considering the weather last year we are lucky enough to have very yummy hay too.

But Zippy & I are now going slightly mad for grass. Our trip to the field each morning involves walking 1/2 mile down a single track road with mostly wide green verges!

Bring on the cars....why I hear you ask? Well every time a vehicle comes down the lane we have to go onto the grass verge & we are allowed to eat! Only we are getting sooooo desperate for grass it is becoming harder & harder for Mum to drag us both off afterwards.

I make Mum laugh though because I get so stuck into the grass I forget about the cars coming so when they pass I jump out of my skin normally straight into the stoic Zippy, who doesn't budge. Mums taken to saying 'Cyril, cars coming' I go yeah, yeah, yeah, munch, munch, munch, JUMP, where did that car come from?

We pray now for delivery to and from our field at local rush hour so we can eat lots of grass - the only problem is rush hour at best is usually only one or two cars - though someone loved us this morning - FOUR cars!

Dreaming of lots of passing traffic tonight but no BMW drivers please xxx

2 comments:

  1. Grass....mmmmm one day we will get it growing again, until then happy verge munching :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Come stay with me I have lots of grass. There is about 2acres available which human says is way too much for me.

    ReplyDelete