Sunday 3 March 2013

Ditch monsters Human 1 Pony 0

Saturday - Yes, second ride in two days, this is the life. Mum turned up again in her posh new truck but with Uncle Tony & Benji in tow.

I love seeing Mum so as soon as I spot her I come rushing over to say hello. She caught Zippy & I a bit by surprise today because she was early to bring us in so we weren't waiting by the gate but were grazing the other side of the field, so after a quick poo I came cantering across the field much to Mums laughter & joy. I like the fact she likes to see me as much as I do her.

I was soon all tacked up but Zippy was again being left on her own (poor Zippy, though secretly I think she likes a little peace & quiet). I thought we would be going to see Eric again but no we set out over the farm fields with Uncle Tony walking alongside & Benji running free.

I'm ok up the track it's next to our field but then I have to go over the canal, really leaving Zippy behind and that's scarey. I tried to say no and kept backing up but Mum was very persistent so in the end I thought it best to go forward and follow Uncle Tony.

I was a bit jiggly over the next field, tried some passage moves, but they are not very good and sideways wasn't being appreciated so I gave up on that and jogged forward. I think Mum was remembering this was where she took a flying lesson, so she was being quite firm with me & I was thinking carrots so I was trying to behave!

We went through a gap into an EVEN bigger field, it was huge! I have ridden in here with Zippy a couple of times but never on my own. We proceeded around the edge in a bit of a nervous trot, I prefer to trot then walk in times of stress. Mum just kept talking to me until I felt a little calmer and managed to walk. Uncle Tony couldn't keep up so took a short cut across the field.

All was good, we had even started to turn towards home which means riding alongside a very deep stream ditch - it's so deep Big Monsters could live in there so it all became too much when one came flying out at me. I had no choice but to go into self defence bucking bronco mode. When I realised it was just Benji I was really mad at him and tried to tell him so, through all of this I forgot about Mum and carrots, but it was Ok Mum was still on top, phew!

We walk/jogged home, Mum and I ignored Uncle Tony's suggestion of going round the field again. We picked Zippy up at the field and I was allowed to be lead pony home. Mum suddenly jumped off just before the railway bridge, I was a bit confused but discovered why when we got over the top - the slurry truck was back!

Scarey with not much space Zippy & I squeezed against the fence, even Zippy was scared, but we survived it went past very carefully and very slowly. After that a motorbike, I was too tired to care by then and slightly steaming we made it home to the stables. Lots of carrots and hugs - an exhausting but good day, happy dreams pony friends.



2 comments:

  1. You and your Mom look so good together. Love your lovely beard, makes you look quite handsome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow aren't you handsome Cyril! Well done for not leaving your Mum in a heap again, remember Cyril more bucks, less carrots... more bucks, less carrots!

    ReplyDelete