Friday 1 March 2013

Pony versus slurry lorry

You can smell it before you see it. All week we have been playing dodge with the slurry lorry, it's serious enough that Mum has been walking us down the lane, she's not even riding Zippy.

We have been doing really well, I'm not too sure whether its by design or accident but we haven't come face to face with the slurry truck all week. He's been hurtling up and down the road as busy as a busy bee.

Today Mum arrived at the big field this afternoon in her posh new truck with all my tack in the back. I got all tacked up, but Zippy was being left behind. To date Mum would have usually ridden me out, but today I was led down the road to Uncle Eric's. I think this was because we are still playing dodge with the slurry truck. Probably a good thing because 20 yards down the road with Zippy looking after me from the other side of the hedge the slurry truck charged passed - quite scary but Mum kept me on the grass verge and it was all ok (just)!

Met up with Geo who was riding Eric and we went off down the lane together - Mum was onboard by now. She's been allowed to take her ankle brace off, so she can ride me in proper riding boots.

We had a really nice ride but Mum and Geo started laughing at me, when I had my 6th poo of the ride, by the time I had my 8th poo Mum nearly fell off of me with laughter! Now I just do not understand what was funny, do you now how scary it is to go out without Zippy and have to dodge the noisey, smelly slurry truck?

Still we survived! I was even brave enough to leave Eric and after a little protest and a lot of neighing to Zippy and made the last 1/2 mile home all alone with Mum riding me.

I was turned out back in the field for some relaxation before being collected a couple of hours later and tucked up in bed. Lovely day enjoyed my ride, got a very big carrot in my feed! Wonder what tomorrow holds?

1 comment:

  1. Wow, well done for dodging that truck, stinky and scary all at once. One of our friends poos a lot on rides, we reckon its her trail home like Hansel and Gretel with their bread crumbs!

    ReplyDelete