Monday 25 February 2013

Boring day

Mum turned up this morning about 7am so fortunately not mega early, so Zippy & I were awake and ready for breakfast. We were fed outside our stables so Mum could muck out, she did my stable straight away - I'm very tidy, but rumour has it I have always been tidy ever since I was very little and Zippy keeps me on the straight and narrow now, she hates messy bedrooms.

So once my room was all ship shape our rugs were changed and we were led to the gate ready to go to the field. Benji was left behind & Zippy got to carry Mum, which was a shame, I was bouncing around all ready and keen - maybe less bounce tomorrow, Zippy seems to think that will make me a more attractive proposition, I'm not so sure?

Anyway off we went down to the field and turned out like usual with a couple of sections of hay each to keep us amused while Mum dug inch thick ice out the water trough, then off she disappeared for the day to do something called work???

It must have been important as she didn't return until it was pitch black, you can't miss seeing Mum she is always wearing some flashing light contraption. Evidently it was too dark for me to be a trusted riding pony, so Zippy carried Mum back and we had our tea outside our stables while Mum tidied Zippy's bedroom up - which is unusual because she normally likes to get them both done in the morning. Still once we had munched our tea of carrots (hurrah Zoe rations have been restored!) nuts, chaff, vitamins and for Zippy old age medicine, we were tucked up in bed.

I'm sure I heard Mum muttering about moving the trailer for solo loading practice, but I must have been mistaken because it is still in its parking bay, so I guess not. Wonder why I need solo lessons anyway?

3 comments:

  1. Lazy days are the best. Sadly I fear mine are over with the arrival of my new saddle. And finding myself deemed pudgy ;(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah for carrot rations being restored. Hmm wonder what your human is up to. They are sneaky things humans are. Whatever does your human want to go to work for when she could be at home playing with the ponies. Stange behaviour if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Who knows why those humans work so much, don't they know that spending time with us equines is so much more exciting?? Glad to hear carrots have reappeared on the menu!

    ReplyDelete