Friday 15 February 2013

Double Bubble (Part One)

Wow, am I one tired pony! Mum and I were up early last Saturday as she had declared the test ride on Friday as a success so we were allowed out again. Even more exciting we were going to meet up with Uncle Eric (Dales relative who lives down the road)!

Mum got a lecture from Uncle Tony about being careful, so she wasn't very impressed with me when I threw a small hissy fit on the lane because I wanted Zippy to come with us, she had been left behind on the yard. It turns out this episode was within view of Uncle Tony had he been looking out the window at that time!!!

Anyway Mum persuaded me I was more than capable of riding up the road on my own to meet Eric. So off I trotted, Mum likes it when I do this. She says her old event horse Charlie always needed nagging, and he calls himself an event horse - really?

We met up with Eric and a young lady called Geo, who is very nice. Evidently she is looking after Eric and Dusty while their Mum and Dad are away. Mum and Geo haven't seen each other for ages so they had a good gossip while Eric and I headed down the road. I'm not sure I like Eric, he was a bit of a bully, trying to kick me a couple of times. He might be bigger and older than me, but I'm super quick and dodged his attempts to show me who was boss. He got told off by Geo, heee, heee, heee! Serves him right!

We went a long way down the road, much further than I have ever been before, we didn't quite get to the end but we went past the diary farm where we normally turn around. We just did walking to look after Mum's ankle. I said goodbye to Eric when we got to his yard and then headed off on my own back to the yard to find Zippy, we did a little trot along the straight and I neighed to Zippy to let her know we were on our way back, as I am sure she would have been worrying by now, as I have never left her for so long.

Reunited we were left on the yard with hay. I was a bit surprised about this as I would have thought an early morning ride would have deserved a day out in the big field to rest and recuperate, little did I know........



1 comment:

  1. You're quite the grown up now Cyril! Always best not to leap around too much with the humans onboard, they are delicate flowers.... poor Uncle Tony would be worried about your cargo. Glad you and your Mum are enjoying getting out together!

    ReplyDelete