Friday 22 February 2013

BIG Responsabilities

After much discussion with Zippy I had been resigned to not being ridden for a while as I had to agree creating a flying dismount for Mum between my ears was probably not the best route to follow.

So I was somewhat confused when a couple of days ago Mum came to collect us from the field like usual but instead of lining Zippy up next to the gate for her launch mounting, I was lined up instead! Well there had to be some mistake I had no rug, no saddle, no bridle, in fact I was only sporting my rope halter & lead rope. No, it was not a mistake, Mum launched from the gate and landed on board!!!!

Wow, what a privilege, I was to be ridden bareback in my halter while leading Zippy home. I felt so seriously grown up. I never dreamed in all my pony life that I would be allowed this honour so early on in my career. I have to say Zippy was somewhat disgruntled and dragged her feet all the way home in protest.

Honestly you can't win with Zippy she moans about having to carry Mum to and from the field, especially now she is barefoot, so I get the opportunity to help out and carry Mum instead and now all she moans about is me being a little upstart who has taken away her one pleasure in life - honestly women, you can never please them!

2 comments:

  1. Wow just shows you how much faith your human has in you. She knows the flying dismount was just a blip.
    Hope you have had carrot privileges reinstalled

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is great Cyril, we are pleased your human has no hard feelings, we all have silly days. Carry your cargo carefully Cyril, this is all very good news :-)

    ReplyDelete