Friday 22 February 2013

Still being allowed big responsabilities

Two days running now I have been given the huge responsibility of bringing us all in from the field safely. So far so good, I did get a bit jumpy this time because it was getting dusky and Mum was trying to steer me onto the grass so we were out of the road for the land rover to go past. I think I was concentrating so hard on where we were going the car creeped up on us and made me jump, but Mum sat deep and we were all fine and to be honest we just crashed into Zippy which is a bit like crashing unto an unmovable tree - nothing shakes her!

It was like the other day when we were all coming back from the field. Uncle Tony had Benji, Mum was riding Zippy and I was being led. We heard the motorbike before we saw him, Uncle Tony stood in the middle of the lane in his bright yellow jacket to slow him down, while Mum manoeuvred us into the side, also in her bright yellow jacket, he did slow down - a bit! But boy it was still very scary as he sped past, made me leap about as he was on my side of the road, I just crashed into the brick that is Zippy.

Every time I crash into her she gives me this really disdaining look, that says its really not scary stop being so stupid - that makes me feel kinda dumb. I need to keep practising my brave pony stance, just like Zippy, turn to stone and I will not move, I will not move, I am not scared, I am not scared.

Going to sleep now, will keep repeating my new mantra so I will wake up a stubborn mule scared of nothing (apologies Muleteers, no offence meant!)

1 comment:

  1. No offense taken! We mules are pretty good at the brick wall scared of nothing... most of the time.... maybe Zippy has disguised her long ears? You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete