Saturday 28 September 2013

Clip, clip, clippers


Well I just don't know what came over Mum this morning she dragged Zippy & I out of the field and up to the house stables.  Then for no obvious reason at all she started rubbing me down with a noisey machine.  I didn't mind it felt quite relaxing.  Then I started to loose my hair.  My hair must be really allergic to the machine it just kept falling out, Mum seemed please with this, heavens knows why.  I just stood there bemused while she and Georgie happily took chunks out of my winter coat.

Humans aren't very bright are they? I mean any sensible pony will tell you it's starting to get cold at night, so we go into super growing hair mode to keep us toasty warm through the winter and then the silly human chops it all off!  

Ok maybe not all of it, just under my tummy and a streamlined stripe up my neck - well it's the first time I have ever had to go faster stripes, can't wait to test them out.  I have never been clipped before Mum was super impressed with my behaviour I stood very still and let her lift my front legs up and they even clipped my tickly bit under my belly.  Mum says I have passed my clipping exams with flying colours she could never have believed I could have been so good for my first ever clip.  More brownie points!

Being black the clip doesn't show very well, but I think they did quite a tidy job.



Then to top it me all off my mane and tail got a shampoo, I mean really!  Though the herbal shampoo smelt nice and I think mum is hoping it will help stop me itching.  My not amused soggy pony look, I wonder what it is all in aid of?


After that I had to practice circles in the back paddock before going for a relaxing stretch and walk with Zippy down the road.

It was all worth it, we have been put into the back garden paddock, there is a lot of yummy grass to eat, so I had best go and get on with munching, yummy.

P.s. My tummy is a bit cold!




No comments:

Post a Comment