Saturday 7 September 2013

It's my big day tomorrow

Tomorrow is going to be a big day, Mum has been busy working but while she was travelling to and from Wales to collect a scanner, she still managed to find time to clean my lucky bridle and even polish the buckles - this was Mum half way through with her before & after shot, wow I'm going to sparkle tomorrow!


It must be important as Zippy & I have been brought up to the house this evening in the dark. We don't mind it means we can feast on the yummy back garden grass.  I haven't had my usual shampoo & set yet, I hope Mum hasn't forgotten my bath while she has been busy polishing & buffing my tack and her boots etc.

So where am I going? I'm off to the South West Pony Association Championships at the David Broome centre in Gwent - amazing hey considering its my first year showing.  I've qualified for the In-Hand Mountain & Moorland championships. I'm going up against other Dales ponies, Fell ponies and Highlands too.  They will all be four years plus so I will be one of the youngest in my class.  I'm not too sure how many other ponies will be at the competition because we haven't seen any of those breeds at any of our qualifying shows (I managed to qualify twice for the same class!!!!!!) well other then me of course!

Well I had better get my head down eat some more grass and then rest, no doubt Mum will be up early to make sure I'm on top form.  I hope I can bring a rosette home to make Mum proud.

1 comment:

  1. Ooooh Cyril go show them other natives what makes us Dales so special. I so wish I could be there to cheer you on. I will be in spirit. xx

    ReplyDelete