Sunday 8 September 2013

My Big day of.........shame!

Well as promised Mum was up early to bath me and wrapped me up in a fleecy blanket to dry.  So that was all good.  Zippy & loaded up fine and travelled into Wales no problem.

Mum checked out the layout of the place and got our number and found our arena, ready for later.

The classes were going quiet quickly so Mum decided we better have a final brush and then head up to the warm up arena.  Well those Welsh ponies took their time, we were hanging around for ages.  

Finally it was our turn to go in, I was ready, bouncing on my toes, and looking handsome.  There were eleven in the class and Mum had already noted that everyone was getting a rosette.  As my mission was to bring home a rosette, surely it was job done.

I marched around the big arena, spooked at a couple of things but was doing good. I stood quietly in line waiting for our trot up around the arena.  Finally my turn off we went looking very smart but I had a couple of huge leaps around the arena, between these I did do some very smart trot work.

Back to the queue and then walking around us heavy dales and fells seemed to fall to the bottom of the line. The last few of us were brought in, in any order, so Mum strategically put me on the end.

It was all getting too much, I couldn't stand still and the horses in the next arena kept charging me, which scared me so I had to leap around bigger and bigger.

Ummmm, then the steward came over to us and asked us to leave, opps! My guaranteed rosette was no more, I had to take the walk of shame out of the arena.

Still upset by being charged from behind I was plunging around, when Mum shouted at me to stop behaving like a stallion - the lady next to us said 'Oh I thought he was a stallion'.  What more can I say!

In my defence I'm only four and I haven't done that many shows and it is REALLY scary when horses you can't see canter behind you.  

I think I might have blown my chances as a show pony, Mum is muttering about dressage, she says there is a lot less hanging around and it's more fun.  Ok Mum I'll try anything.

p.s. sorry I didn't bring home a championship rosette Mum, but I do still love you xxx

1 comment:

  1. I bet you looked fantastic though. Hmm dressage. Get to see your human all dressed and clean without a wisp of hay in her hair.... yeah sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete