Friday 11 October 2013

Go arrrrrrrrrrrrgh

Well I can't believe nearly a year has passed since I arrived.  On such an anniversary it was felt that this should be celebrated by a visit from the dentist - really is this how humans celebrate??????

Fortunately I have a lovely dentist, Stuart Philpott www.thehorsedentist.co.uk.  As usual he turned up with his very cool three legged dog, who loves Benji, so they disappeared off chasing each other around the paddock - bye guys happy running!

I was not going to be able to enjoy such pleasures, I had to go into my stable and have the metal bridle put on, so I could go arghhhhh when Stuart wanted me to!


It was hard to focus on posing well for Mum while I has being rasped, pummelled and goodness knows what to keep my beautiful teeth in dapper condition, hence the crazy look, I was trying to look at Mum while Stuart wanted me to concentrate on keeping still!

Evidently square is good!  Because us Dales ponies have wonderful solid square heads we are much less prone to ulcers then those fancy pointed headed Welsh and Arabs - yet another benefit most pony owners don't consider, in fact I'm hard to find a downside to owning one of our fantastic breed.

Stuart reported I still have teeth to come through but all was in order.  I made him work for his money and made sure he had a quick dance around the stable with me - well I do get ants in my pants and moving my feet is how I think.

Zippy was much more obedient and Stuart had a glamorous assistant Victoria, who lovingly filed Zippy's old pair of knashers into order.  They were very impressed with her teeth considering she is 27 years old.  We reckon that's because Stuart takes great care of them and does just enough to keep them smooth and comfortable.

Well that's it for now, must remind Mum to book me in for another dental check up in 9 months as I'm growing quickly and need regular check up's.  Smile and say cheese!

No comments:

Post a Comment