Saturday 6 February 2016

Walk, trot and rodeo

Last Friday I had a human visitor from Wales, my friend Nondus. She helps out at the stud I came from. Lynette decided to take me to a new venue, Little Park, in Wootton Bassett. She had never ridden in the school either, so it was new for both of us. 

I was a bit nervous at a new place with people watching, so adrenaline was running high. Lynette contemplated lungeing me first but decided in the end she would just get on. 

I was a bit tense with my head high. Lynette just kept me walking around until I settled a little. It's a lovely indoor school, very big, with a beautiful soft sandy surface. Eventually I was allowed to trot and we practiced a bit of dressage. My transitions are ok but I'm not too sure about circles and straight lines I get them a bit confused. 

Finally Lynette decided shed try to get rid of some of my excess tension by having a canter. I couldn't it was too much for me so I just put my head down and tried my very best rodeo impression. That didn't work I got growled at and a kick which was making doing rodeo very hard so after a couple of lengths of rodeo I gave up and did a little canter instead. At which point I got a pat, phew!

We had one more try at a little dressage and Lynette gave me time to look at some show jumps which I had been spooking at, ok maybe they are not so scarey. I was just worried she was going to get me to jump them, they were tucked away in a corner. 

I was tired by now, so I was allowed to go back into the box on wheels and travelled back to tell Zippy all about my adventure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment