Tuesday 26 January 2016

Happy hacking

YI'm currently putting my hooves up for a few days and I'm turned out with Grumpy  Cyril, but we are slowly becoming friends. Woody has swapped places with me up at the house as he has been given the job of babysitting Zippy, which I find a bit boring. Much prefer being in the big field with grass and room for a good gallop. 

My rest is well deserved as I went for quite a long hack with two pony friends on Saturday. I had already met Grumpy Amy but I also got to meet her Highland friend Iona, who was not at all grumpy. I had to travel in the box on wheels to get there. I'm very used to that now and just walk straight in. 

Like last time there was a lot of human chatting while I stood tied up on their yard, but eventually the humans got us all tacked up and we were ready to go. 

This is me with grumpy Amy. I led to start with and headed off at a very smart walk that my Highland friends struggled to keep up with. I loved being in front but Lynette said I had to learn to go in the middle and at the back too. 


That's ok I didn't mind where I went. Though I did get told off when I kicked out at Iona, well she was getting too close to me and I was scared she might kick me, not that she looked like she would. 

I even got to have my first canter carrying a human. It was a little tricky to get my balance and the ground was a little slippy but I managed ok and didn't rodeo or do anything naughty. Mostly because it was towards the end of the ride and I was getting tired by then. We had done some trotting too. 


I made Lynette feel safe enough she had ditched her back protector and she even managed to take a couple of compulsory ear pony photos. These are sooo cool my first ever ear photos. Hopefully the beginning of many to come, Cyril has loads!


I think I did ok, though Lynette says I'm not allowed to kick other horses, so I'm  going to work on that. Anyway Lynette should be here with more hay soon so I had best get in the queue - behind Cyril that is!!!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment