Sunday 3 January 2016

First long reining exam passed

Gosh it's hard work at Aunty Lynette's, even though it was cold and raining this morning, she thought it would be a good idea to take me for a walk down the road. This was different to my last walks, she decided I had to go in front and thought it would be a good idea to long rein me down the road. Aunty Jo came to in case I needed any help. 


Brrrr it was cold but off we set, just as we got over the railway bridge we met a car pulling a box on wheels.  The lady driving pulled over to the side and stopped but there was not much room to squeeze past but I was super brave and managed to walk past all on my own. Aunty Lynette was very impressed. 

We then went past the field I did think of stopping but I was quite enjoying myself and so I walked on, Aunty Lynette had to walk super quick to keep up with my long legs. Cyril and Woody then tried to put me off my stride by galloping around the field, but I just ignored them. I think Cyril was jealous I was out with his Mum, but I knew I had to behave. 

We made it all the way down to Vowley farm, and even had a go at trotting, think Lynette will need to get fitter if she's going to keep up with my trotting. We turned around and headed for home. 


A big car did past us which was a little scary I wanted to move my feet but Lynette wanted me to stand still so I was a bit fidgety while we waited for them to go past. However when the next car went past we were able to pull into the canal area and I didn't flinch or move at all - evidently that's good because Aunty Lynette gave me lots of praise at this. 


Cyril and Woody tried to put me off my stride again as we headed home, but I ignored them again. As I went over the bridge I neighed at Zippy to say I was coming back but after Jo had opened the gate I went to plunge through to say hello to Zippy, Lynette stopped me because she said I was being rude. Rude would not be rushing back to Zippy, I got a bit cross and did tail swishing, stomping and leg threatening kicks but Lynette was very insistent I had to stand still before going through the gate. Grump. In the end I had no choice but to stand still, well I got a bit distracted half way through my tantrum by two walkers and I forgot to fidget. So I was then allowed to go through the gate to tell Zippy about everything I had seen. 

I really enjoyed my walk today hope we can go out again soon. Yeah Zippy & I have been taken down the road for grass. Time to eat. 



No comments:

Post a Comment