Sunday 17 January 2016

Learning to trot

Yes Lynette has taken me out on yet another adventure today. This time my trip in the box on wheels took me to H&B Equestrian run by Lynette's friends Caroline and Hugh. It's really nice, very chilled. I got tied on the yard while Lynette started chatting and chatting and chatting. I thought she had forgotten about me but no she had gone for a cup of tea. Charming!  Good thing I'm well behaved and just tucked into my hay net. 

Eventually at least 30 minutes later Lynette and Caroline decided they were going to ride just as it decided to snow - I seriously do worry about humans sometimes. Caroline was riding Amy, a 22yr old Highland Pony, reminded me of my grumpy mare friend back at home.  Love you really Zippy ❤️

We started by walking around the small arena, I was doing so well, Lynette decided to ask me for trot. I wasn't too sure what she really wanted, so Amy pony showed me and I realised she wanted faster so I trotted. After a couple of goes following Amy I had a go on my own, yeah I understand now, got that. 

Amy started walking and trotting towards me and then going past me from behind, whatever, I just listened to what Lynette wanted, didn't see any point in worrying what she was doing. Evidently this was good and I got lots of pats. 

Next we went into the big 'scary' arena. I still can't work out what was supposed to be scary, maybe scary means something different to humans?  I walked around again, did a circle at the far end while cars zoomed past behind the hedge. Lynette said walk and I was too busy listening to her to worry about the cars, I mean they weren't going to come into the arena. Then Amy cantered past us, while I just walked, that was ok too. By now Caroline and Claire who was watching were super god smacked by my foot perfect Dales performance, to be honest I think I had impressed Lynette too. Evidently this is practice for when there are lots of ponies in the arena, from what I can tell as long as I listen to Lynette it doesn't matter what else is going on. 

So I thought I had better put the icing on my performance by walking straight into the box on wheels, I was looking forward to telling Zippy all about my adventures and as I had been so good I was allowed onto the back garden to eat grass. Can't think of any better motivation to behave well than an opportunity to eat very yummy grass when I get home. 

Night night pony friends, hoping for a day off tomorrow, maybe I'll be allowed to go play with my brothers again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment