Friday 8 January 2016

Steering with Wellies

I have had fun this week. Lynette has been testing my steering. To start with indoors where I had to concentrate on going through a pole tunnel...


And then we played walk over the correct coloured stripe...this one was going over the middle orange stripe. 


I was so well behaved Lynette decided I was safe enough to go on my own first outdoor adventure. She walked me over the railway bridge and then long reined me around the farm. This meant I had to go first, I think she thought I'd be scared, but I'm a Dales pony and this was fun and exciting, I loved going somewhere new and marched along at a cracking pace, Lynette was struggling to keep up. 


She said it was a harder work out than going to her Zumba class, come on Lynette keep up!  I did circles on the grass and figures of eight as well as walking around two huge fields - sadly no chance to stop and eat. It was great fun. As we headed home Cyril and Woody neighed to say hello as I was going past their field. I wanted to go say hello but Lynette said I had to go back to see Zippy, so I threw a little tantrum, but it didn't seem to work. Will need to go practice tantrums, as Lynette just laughed at me and told me to get a move  on. Embarrassed I headed home. 

You think that would have been enough work for me this week, but no, yesterday I had to go take my wellie exams. This was easy peasey I just had to do more circles while wearing wellies. Not sure why I had to wear wellies indoors, could understand it if I was out in the muddy fields. 

Ohhhh the wellies weren't for my feet, they were for my saddle. Humans are very weird. 


But I didn't mind, I was soooo good I got a day off today, which I was allowed to spend with my brothers. 


Wonder what I will be doing tomorrow, I think it will be important as I had to have all my liquid mud legs hosed off before going to bed. Night, night pony friends, off to eat my yummy tea. 




No comments:

Post a Comment