Friday 22 January 2016

Trotting and Trec

I've had a relaxing few days but it couldn't last forever. I've been back out in the box on wheels back to one of my favourite locations, Breach Lane. Today I have been working on my trot. I've done a little trot with a human but today we did lots. I got lots of brownie points for going into trot the very first time I was asked. 

Evidently we were practising for a competition but as Lynette forgot where we were supposed to be going I don't hold out much hope!  I did my bit and trotted straight lines, half 20m circles and even managed a fairly good turn across the arena through B and E. I tried a free walk on long rein but Lynette still had my side reins attached so I couldn't stretch that far. I do think sometimes she likes to ask the impossible. 

As if I had not been impressive enough at my dressage practice, Lynette decided to practice some Trec moves. She laid out lots of poles in an s shape and we practiced walking between them. I got lots and lots of pats when on my second attempt I walked through without touching any of the poles - evidently that's good!

You would think that would be enough but oh no, Lynette decided we should try going backwards. Please remember this is the sixth time I have ever carried a human and she wants me to go backwards. Ok I can do that, though I struggled to go back in a straight line.   I am definitely starting to think humans are crazy.

However after all of that I was allowed a run around and a roll.  Yippee 


I like carrying humans it's good fun. I wonder what I'll be doing tomorrow?

1 comment: