Sunday 12 May 2013

Going around in circles!

I did start to worry Mum had gone mad when she turned up at 6am one morning this week - to ride! I mean I was still asleep in the field. So Zippy nudged me awake and bleary eyed I wandered over to see what Mum wanted. A ride, really this early? However being a good pony I obliged but was not too happy about going out on my own, even though we only went to the back garden.

Once there Mum wanted me to go around and around in circles, crazy lady. I did my best calling to Zippy the whole time to say Mum had gone mad and what should I do. She answered me and told me to humour her, so I did. After half an hour she got bored and we went home for breakfast.

Blow me two days later she insisted on the same again!

All became clear today, evidently the circles are called dressage, well there you go I'm still learning. So Zippy& I found ourselves at Breach Lane Equestrian Centre with me all togged up, tail brushed, super groomed and ready to go. I've only ever done one in hand show before so all this circle exercise game is something quite new to me.

I had a practice in the big outdoor school, that was quite scary as my experience to date of riding with other horses is they are always trying to kill me, so I was a bit nervous about going past the other horses, but these all seemed ok and we're busy concentrating on where they were going.

http://youtu.be/Ha3x9sjxOFs this is a link to my video of my first circle competition, round and round and round. Hope you like it, evidently the lady at the end thought I was quite good and placed me second! Hmmmm humans you can't eat a rosette it doesn't matter what colour it is, though I think you will agree blue does look good on me! But I did love the extra treats, carrots and cuddles, so I am looking forward to going out again.

Though how come Zippy just got to stand by the trailer and just eat hay? Women!




1 comment:

  1. How fabulous do you look Cyril? How many other humans were looking at you thinking, "I wish he lived with me he's fab".
    You did well young man. I get all proud and am loving hearing of your achievements. I suspect there are lots more to come.

    ReplyDelete