Tuesday 7 May 2013

Holiday pictures - on top of the world

Wow there is sooo much to tell everyone, I just don't now where to start. I've had the best ever weekend in Wales meeting the old gang and I know my Mummy Delia was very pleased with my progress.

We set off about pony tea time on Friday, with much debate as to which way Mum should drive, in the end they left it to technology to decide and we had a smooth journey down the M4 and up through Wales back to my old home at the Akehurst Stud www.akehurst-dalesponies.com. We arrived about 9.30pm everyone else was asleep, but we soon woke them all up with our arrival and everyone was neighing and banging their doors to say hello, and as we were late having our tea, we became popular straight away as everyone else got a little extra to keep them quiet!

Then it was time for bed and I was tucked up in my old stable, with Zippy safely installed next to me and next to the stallion, which worried me a bit because she can be a right old tart, but they didn't seem to hit it off, so that was ok.

We soon settled into a routine of breakfast at 8.15am, followed by hay and mucking out. I was very impressed with Mum and Uncle Tony not only did they look after Zippy & I, but they also helped Delia with her 10 ponies and the cows too!

Saturday afternoon I got to strut my stuff and Mum took me up the mountain with Delia on Suzie pony. It was a very steep hill, but at long last I could discover where the big ponies went while I had to stand in the field too little to be allowed to go on the adventures. I'd obviously heard all the stories about the steep climbs and amazing views and I have often sat in my field wondering what it was like, especially since I have moved to Wiltshire.

Well nothing would ever have prepared me for the views, you can see the whole world from on top of the mountains. It is a steep climb but I'm young so I managed and made sure I impressed Delia by leading some of the way. I was walking out so fast I got Suzie into trouble because she felt she had to jog to keep up and Delia wanted her to walk - maybe that's why she kicked me when I put my nose on her bum?

It was amazing we even got to have a little canter. I need to find the rest of the photo's so I can post some more tomorrow, so much more to tell everyone, sleep tight pony friends and yes when you dream you are on top, of the mountains you can see the whole world underneath you!



No comments:

Post a Comment