Friday 31 May 2013

More responsabilities

I have been given even more responsibilities, my duties now include dog walking!  Benji is a two year lab cross collie, he came from Bath Cats and Dogs Home and arrived here when he was 5 months old.
As you can see he has very, very  long legs which means he runs really fast (all day long) so he is super fit!  Mum has started to get up early to ride me, though she is often finding me still asleep in the field!  Well today I have now been promoted to dog walker/exerciser, which means taking Mum around the farm fields with Benji running in tow, off the lead.  It's fine while he is in front as I can follow him but then he disappears into the bushes and I carry on on my merry way when WHOOSH all of a sudden a flying dog hurtles from behind and overtakes me - quite scary as he has been practising doing this silently as well.

My nerves finally got the better of me and I had to put in an enormous bucking spinning thing, I was trying to take Benji out but he was way too fast - instead the sky turned blue above me (whoops) and I got a smack on the bottom and told to push on - I mean how rude.

Anyway we all got safely home, including Benji and Mum.  Do you think I could make some pocket money hiring out my services as a dog walker?  The only thing is Benji runs A LOT faster than me, so if they ran away I would never be able to catch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment