Wednesday 29 May 2013

Mum came back but went again!

I was very excited to see Mum last Tuesday evening and even though she had been on an overnight ferry and driven down from Liverpool the same day, she still found time to take me out and about for a tootle around the farm which was great.

Humans are mad though, I mean on Sunday, hottest day of the year so far, she thinks its a great idea to go for a riding lesson (well that's ok) but in an indoor arena at midday!!!!!!!!  I mean it was boiling in there.  We had a nice lesson with two other much bigger horses who knew their stuff, they were very impressive, but I got told I did good, we practised shortening our stride along the short sides of the school and lengthening along the long side, I was getting the hang of it - in walk and trot - but then they wanted canter - humans its too hot to canter!  I struggled a few strides and made a gallant attempt to follow the sexy grey mare but continuous cantering was sooooo out of the question.

I think this was a mistake however, as the next day Mum must have been very cross I did not canter, as she packed Zippy into the tin can on wheels, with Benji dog and Uncle Tony and disappeared - leaving me ALL ON MY OWN - no one for company.  I cantered around and around as they left, neighing to Mum, saying look I can canter, I can canter, I promise next time we have a lesson I'll canter.  See I'll even buck and twist and turn and do lots of cantering, if you take me with you - but no they left me behind.

It's very scary being all on your own.  They all left at breakfast time, so by lunch I decided they must be coming home soon, so settled down to some eating as I was very hungry.  Lots of people popped in to say hello and give me carrots, but as it got dark there was still no sign of Zippy, Mum, Benji dog or Uncle Tony. I suddenly realised I might be spending a whole night, in the dark on my own.

Well I'm glad I am black, it makes great camouflage and hunkered down in the rain - no rug - and tried to sleep, but its very difficult without Zippy's soothing snoring next to me.  I wonder if they are ever going to come back?

1 comment: