Monday 1 September 2014

Amazing adventures at Hairy Pony Camp - Part One

I can't believe what Mum has done to my box on wheels. She has only gone and turned it into a mobile bedroom. Yes she has gone and installed a single bed, just look at the picture below if you don't believe me.


Now of course my next decision was whether I wanted to share my box on wheels with the bed.  To be honest there was so much hay in there I didn't notice the bed and jumped straight in. Well I was also curious about this hairy pony camp I was supposed to be going on. So Friday lunchtime off we set for H&B Equestrian Centre in Daglingworth.  Wow it's an amazing place. It turns out Mums friend Caroline and her husband Huw run the yard. Take a look at my stable, how cool.  


I got my own window that looked straight out onto the field where Mum was parked, so I could keep an eye on her and make sure she did not make too much mess in my box on wheels.  I like this place, I got three square meals a day, yes three whole meals, plus grazing on very yummy knee high grass and unlimited amounts of hay.  I wonder if we can move here?

I have to say thank you to my friend Rannock, he was my next door neighbour and his Mum was very clever and brought electrickery fencing so we could have grass. Mum please take note for next time just in case we don't meet such a nice human.  

It turns out the hairy pony camp was full of Highland ponies and some had travelled miles and miles, like from Devon and Rugby. As well as Rannock (my new mate) there was Amy (she is a very experienced Highland pony at 24 years old), Iona, who belongs to Mums friend Caroline, Willow who lives at the famous Nashend Highland Stud, Wheatsheaf, a very handsome mouse coloured dun, Isla (Mum's favourite), Ruari (but he was too old to come play with us) and me.  I was the only Dales Pony so I had a lot of pressure to show all those Highland ponies what us Dales can do.  I think I did ok, I tried hard to convert the Highland humans into Dales fans.

Mum and I arrived first as she wanted to practice our circles in the lovely 60x20m arena. It's got an amazing surface you can't help but bounce along, though the far end is quiet scary with holes in the hedge that cars and bicycles suddenly pop up and disappear in, and along one edge there is a massive spooky tall hedge so with a strong wind blowing I had lots of excuses to test my spinning speed.  Mum didn't seem to mind especially as I gave her right hand canter when she asked, I think she has got the knack of getting my shoulders in the right direction.  Mind you if I thought that was spooky then I had no idea how spooky it would look by Sunday!!!!!!!!!!!

The humans were all put through there paces Friday evening running and boxing with instruction from an ex army PT instructor. Us ponies were hoping the boxing practice was just for the humans and they weren't practicing to box our ears if we were naughty. They settled into tea while we tucked into our yummy hay. I watched Mum safely walk to the box on wheels and tuck herself into her new mobile bedroom for the night.  I liked being able to keep an eye on her, and it did mean if I got scared and called I knew she would hear me too, but no need, the yard felt very safe and us ponies were all soon fast asleep.  I don't think all the humans had quiet as much sleep something about lots of rain and thunder but they were still all up bright and breezy on Saturday morning.  More about that tomorrow, I need to sort out my pictures first.  Night night pony friends xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment