Sunday 28 September 2014

And today's lesson is....

Practise! Now I know I am brilliant but Mum sometimes forgets I'm only 5 years old and we haven't actually done that many circle competitions, ok so I always bring a rosette home, well that was until today. 

What was different today? Well we have have done no circle practice for weeks!  Well depends if you count the half hearted 30 minutes we squeezed in before Mum went to work on Friday. We have been too busy having fun going on long hacks with Eric and Dusty and then Fun rides with various pony friends. Plus to be fair to Mum she has been very busy working most weekends. 

My first circle test Prelim 4 started very promisingly with an 8 for my trot entry and then lots of 7's for my trot work. Then I had to canter, it all went down hill after that with 4's I was too tired to keep cantering and then 3's. Mum still hasn't mastered right hand canter! She really does need to practise more before asking me to do these circles tests, at least we had sort of practised this one on Friday. I got 55.45%.

My next circle test we hadn't practised at all and I have to say a big thank to Mum's friend Claire for reading both tests so well, we knew where we were going, because I can promise you Mum had no idea!  We did better getting 57%. But still 3's for right hand canter mostly because it was actually left hand canter instead!  Oh yes and I put a mighty big buck in when Mum used her stick, I took exception at that even if I did then pick up right hand canter!!!!!!  But I did get a 7 and then a 6 for my left hand canter, just show we have the potential, I thought Mum needed the encouragement by then so I helped her out a bit.

No rosettes today, but hopefully this valuable lesson of we need to practice if we want rosettes will have been drilled home to Mum and she won't have such unrealistic expectations next time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment